Oga Mark!

You're not mistaken...This is the official Blog Spot of Gboru Markson... The Blog of Life! :)

☰ Navigation
  • Home
  • Contact
    • About
    • Contact
  • TECHNOLOGY
  • Events
  • Internet
  • Tutorials
  • MOBILE
    • Reviews
    • iOS
    • Windows
    • Android
    • Rim
    • Downloads
  • TELECO
follow us on Google+ follow us on Facebook follow us on Twitter follow us on Instagram follow our feeds
AimBTC

Featured post

WHATSAPP LAUNCHES ‘’End-to-End’’ USER ENCRYPTION

NG-[C:G.Comp,B:Allbrand,Wk:2816,Dim:336X280]:Tablets

Popular Posts

  • WORLD'S SMALLEST GUN (WOW)
    Introducing a pistol that’s like no other. This is the smallest gun to ever be made measuring in at an absolutely tiny 4cm x 2cm… serio...
  • Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10
    Windows 9 will no longer become a reality and has been replaced with Windows 10. The new OS is expected to be released sometime next year, a...
  • Why Olejeme will be Delta State governor in 2015 - Uduaghan
    Director General, Olejeme Campaign Organization, Mr. Emmanuel Oritsejolomi Uduaghan, Thursday said Dr. Ngozi Olejeme would sustain the peace...
  • Prophet TB Joshua Prophesied The Abuja Bomb Blast (video)
    Emmanuel TV has published a video claiming that their Prophet TB Joshua has prophesied about the bomb blast which hit the Federal Capital Te...
  • Specifications of INNJOO i2 (8GB, Android OS, 3G + WiFi, White)
    Specifications of INNJOO i2 (8GB, Android OS, 3G + WiFi, White)  General Product Title: INNJOO i2 (8GB, Android OS, 3G + WiFi, White)  Item...
  • Wow findings about MICROSOFT [unbelievable]
    Hmmmm you don't wanna believe all this!!! MAGIC #1   Found that nobody can create a  FOLDER anywhere on the  Computer which can be named...
  • U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola
    The CDC just confirmed the first case of Ebola in the United States, according to Reuters. The patient was placed in "strict isolation...
Home Unlabelled Why Jonathan Should Not Be Re-elected In 2015

Why Jonathan Should Not Be Re-elected In 2015

Admin 18:38
Disclaimer
This write up is my personal opinion and not that of management and moderators Of Politics Section of Nairaland, and its for that singular reason I added my moniker to the Title.

For some weeks now, I have refrained myself from posting on Nairaland, chosen rather to read and learn from other posters while maintaining a golden silence. But time comes when silence can no longer be termed golden, especially where lies, deception and manipulation of truth become the order of the day. For “In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends” – Martin Luther King Jr

Albert Einstein said "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result". 

I know, Mr President has not declared his intention to contest for a 2nd Term, and I hope he never does, but judging his body language and that of his aids, especially his preference for skelewu dance at a political rally rather than mourn with the nation, shows a desperate man whose main goal is keeping political power, and for the sake of this nation, I hope he doesn't get it.

Mr President doesn't deserve a re-election for the following reasons:

1. Corruption: The corruption oozing out of this administration makes comparing it with IBB’s corruption like comparing a petty maggi thief to an highway armed robber. Years after many probes, no one has gone to jail despite trillions of Naira stolen under subsidy scam, rather we have more billions of dollars unaccounted for by NNPC. What about Malabu Scam, or the Pension Scam? And till date no one was punished for the Armored car scam in aviation sector. Despite billions of contract awarded to GEJ kinsmen for oil security, oil theft increased like never before. Mr Jonathan will rather give presidential pardon to his convicted corrupt godfather, and I read the man is now aiming at becoming a Senator of the federal republic of Nigeria.

I was at a meeting with Mr President when he visited the part of the world I was living; when the issue of corruption and oil theft was raised rather than Mr President telling us how he will deal with corrupt officers and improve the security on our coastal areas, he was busy telling us how the corruption in government didn't start with him and how some of them are exaggerations, and to oil theft; Government/people from other countries should refuse buying stolen oil – What a Solution!

2. Unemployment: This administration has done nothing much to solve the unemployment problems of this country. Rather than solve it, GEJ’s minister and aides will rather scam thousands of unemployed of the little money they have, and organized an Aptitude test that led to the death of many. Yet, Jonathan has not punished or prosecuted anyone for this.

3. Insecurity: Many can argue that Boko Haram did not start with Jonathan, but the question is what has Jonathan done to solve the problem besides talking about it and telling us ‘Terrorism happens everywhere’? I do not care who the people behind Boko Haram are, I expect the man that commands the Army, Air Force, SSS and Police to find them and deal with them. That man is Jonathan.

If I may borrow the words of Adams Oshomole when he was talking about smuggling as a trade unionist, he said “if it is big, then it is visible, if it is visible then it should be easy to arrest many, if they have not arrested many, then they can be accused of conniving”. Same apply to Boko Haram; a group that patrols many trucks, large armory, a place to keep hundreds of their captors is not a small group hiding in a small cave, but a big and visible group that spends millions of money daily to keep it running. So we should ask, how come there has not been enough intelligence to identify their base, get many of their sponsors, arrest many of them and deal with them?… Is there a ‘connivance’ somewhere? Only Jonathan can tell.

4. Legacy: Despite Obj’s many ills, he has a legacy of ‘de-politicing’ the military, providing GSM, and paying off our external debt. And Yar adua, despite his sickness and little time in power has the legacy of Rule of Law and Solving the ND militants’ problem. What is the legacy of Jonathan going to 6 years as President of Nigeria that should make him get an extra 4 years on the Job?

Time and Space will not allow me to talk about our poor health facilities, many failed promises of solving our power problems, bad roads, etc.
In my personal assessment, I don’t know if Mr President is a good man since I don’t live with him, but as far as governance of Nigeria is concerned, I score Mr President very low, hence he doesn't deserve another term and we cannot afford doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It's time to try another hand on the job.

Thanks for reading.

OAM4J

NB
I expect PDP propagandist/jobbers to label me an APC man and throw their insults at me, for to Jonathanians, anyone not in support if Jonathan is for APC. But the fact is I am not a member of APC or any political party, I am also not sure yet who I will be supporting in 2015 Presidential election, but I know one person I will not support, but campaign against, except he performs a miracle of real-transformation between now and February next year– He is Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan.

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google
  • Tumblr
  • Pinterest

Related Posts

Next
« Prev Post
Previous
Next Post »

Copyright © Oga Mark! | Gboru Markson | Blogger