I stand to be corrected on this post
I observed recently that those annoying text messages we receive daily are not directly from our network providers, but rather there're from some hungry people who are hell bent in making money on their laptops.
I noticed that for example if MTN wants to send promotions they normally use numbers like
MTN
MTNN
MTNNG
180
4100
4600
131 etc
The messages are quite clear and if you access their website you will find those promotions and sometimes it will be on tv adverts
But if you look closely at those incessant messages the numbers are quite absurd like
33328
63321
75622
5xxx etc
Now see why I came to this conclusion
You might have seen some persons promoting their ebooks on how to make money using short sms code . and you might have also seen people claiming to have millions of phone number data base.
Conclusion
These people set up these codes from network providers(who may not be aware of their intention) and then buy millions of phone numbers from mobile number database, and then broadcast their message. When you respond to such message you are charged and a very high percent of the money goes to their bank account!!!
This is why the messages are coming and many more are likely to!!!
+SOLUTION+
Any SMS from an unsaved number will go to this folder and deleted after the specified period (I set mine to 30 days). Beware, an important SMS from an unsaved number will be push there, so check the app regularly. But the good thing is, you can redirect an important SMS back to your inbox and subsequent SMS from that number will start going to your inbox directly.
Postman is the solution!
WE LOVE COMMENTS