Abodunde Sam Adeleye is an upcoming writer with many books to his credit.
The flair for writing caught up with him even at his secondary school days when he turned out
his first book after his SSS III. From this launching pad, he continued making progress in the publishing
field consolidating on what he knows best by turning out more inspiring books for the reading public.
Abodunde latest
books include, Becoming a Sought-After, a book that is psychologically woven and one of his best seller in his latest literary works.
The young author, who is in the class of our
whiz kids making waves in their respective fields, spoke to the OGA MARK recently outlining his success
story and other issues.
Ques: Can we meet you?
Ans: I am Abodunde Sam
Adeleye, Chief
executive Officer/Publisher Celebrity Plus Magazine. I am also the managing director of Celebrity plus Studio. I grew Up at Aiyetoro-Abede in Kogi State. I finished my secondary
School here in Abuja and then secured admission into the University of Abuja
Ques: How did you come into writing
books?
Ans: I came into active writing while I was in the secondary school. My first publication was immediately after my SSS 111. Today I have had others added to that, and still counting. And by the grace of God, I am the Publisher of Celebrity plus Magazine which is glossy.
I have also started the Celebrity plus Studio which is an outfit for
general events management; that is including
photography and video coverage. So that has been the journey.
Ques: You are everywhere, combining all
these with writing. How are you coping combining
photography, video coverage, property and the rest chains of businesses you are involve in?
Ans: The truth of it all is that, all these fall into one business line except that of property management. If you
talk about event management, you can’t talk about entertainment without talking about issues that
comes along with it. So in event management, definitely, you diversify to issues that have to do with
entertainment that is
video, photography and the media print.
Ques: what are
your suggestions by way of encouraging writers in our local setting here?
Ans: to my fellow writers, I want to tell them to keep up the good job they are doing.
It is actually not easy. Coming out to publishing a book is not an easy task. Believing in God, sooner or
later, Africans in the publishing field would catch up with the remaining
continent of the world that believes in
books reading books and then getting to the next level.
Ques: The major
challenges facing
writers is this issue
of piracy. How are your writers checking this problem so that your works can
not be lifted illegally?
Ans: You see; the issue of
piracy has gone broad and so wide that we
the authors, musicians and those in the business of whatever it is that is pirate able, must come together to fight
this monster. I want to thank everyone that has an industry and has been
fighting piracy, to
be steadfast in this war against
this monster. We must put one or two policies and with the
assistance of government curb piracy. The truth is that, piracy if not checked
would remain an ill wind posing a lot of setbacks for the authors. A lot of
discouragement and
setbacks would then be the lot of the authors, musicians, and others in the
creative field.
Ques: Okay, the
reading culture is declining in this our local setting and you are coming up
with publishing books. What messages do have for Nigerians to imbibe reading
culture?
Ans: Our
reading culture is actually declining as you rightly pointed out. I think the
way forward is to introduce more innovations into whatever it is we are writing
for the public. If you say people don’t want to read, it could as well be that the
stories we put across to them might be boring. If a story is boring, no one
would like to read it. So the writers, must device new ways of writing to
stimulate the right ingredients for readers. Let’s us have new approaches in
expressing our ideas
so that we will get the interest of the people. Reading is actually fun- I don’t
see why people should shy away from reading.
Ques: What
support do you then want from the government as to encourage writers like you?
Ans: The
support I want from
the Federal Government is to intensify the fight against piracy. My senior
colleagues in the
Industry have been in the vanguard agitating for the protection of creative works. If piracy is
fought to a standstill, you can be very sure that an author or musician would definitely
see reasons to grow.
Ques: Finally
your advice to up coming writers?
Ans: Life is
all about determination. I would like the younger ones who are younger than I in experiences and age
that life is short. Therefore, life is all about impact. Our young writers should stay focused
because dignity is the reward of any labour. With the right focus, they will
surely get to where they are focusing on. Let them constantly work on the gift
and talent God had given them. Let them fine tune whatever career they are unto and pray. God would
see them through. Thank you.